This book introduces students of elementary school level to Islam through Shahaadah (testimony of faith). They learn appropriate care of the holy Qur’an and engage in memorization and recitation of surahs from Surah Al-Burooj through Surah Ash-Shahr with short explanations for each Surah. This book also introduces them to the life of Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (SM). Further, it teaches the children the basics of cleanliness and ablution along with the proper performance of prayer.
This book contains practical lessons on the performance of prayer; besides, children can learn about the appropriate number of rak’aat for each salah. Furthermore, this book teaches the students to respect the rights and property of their family, teachers, and others. The authors have presented the material using a spiral approach where students revisit each area and study it in greater depth each year. The student’s textbook includes the subject text of the lessons, exercises, and activities.
The ICO project is unique because:
- Their curricula meet the needs of the target learners for integrated, coherent and appropriate curricula.
- They prepare their curricula according to scientific bases, bringing together the most recent educational and psychological theories.
- Special educationists who are experienced in designing curricula and familiar with the needs of target group, prepare these curricula.
- They applied the latest techniques and education aids
- Specialized committees check the quality of these curricula, and then teachers evaluate those before release.
Features and Characteristics of Textbooks:
International Curricula Organization (ICO) prepared these books. These textbooks have certain features that make them unique from any other textbooks:
First: The Technical Features:
- ICO has designed these textbooks in accordance with the international quality in all aspects, such as colors, size, paper, printing, and illustration.
- Each book contains appropriate illustrations and pictures that match the educational stage and environment of the students.
- The texts have been distributed and organized in a way that makes the text attractive, paying special attention to the font type and size, and spaces. Colors have been used carefully to appeal the target learners.
Second: The Instruction and Linguistic Features:
- Reinforce the proper linguistic basis of the non-Arabic speaking students.
- They build the linguistic dictionary of the students, according to their environmental needs.
- Provide non-Arabic speaking students with a good deal of Islamic vocabulary.
- Identify the correct articulation of the different sounds through the study of the holy Qur’an.
- Enable the students not to make mistakes while reciting the holy Qur’an through employing rules of the Arabic language.
- Take into consideration the individual mental differences and linguistic skill of the students.
- Consider different cultures of the students.
- Develop creativity and mental faculties of the students.
Third: The Educational Content Features:
- Reinforce the etiquette of disagreement and the principles of forgiveness with others.
- Develop student’s morality, spirituality, and values.
- Help students have good and balanced personalities.
- Develop the student’s pride in their Muslim identity
- Help the caller to Islam to develop a balanced personality which reflects the moderation of Islam.
There are no reviews yet.