The purpose of Learn About Islam series of Safar Publication is to grow necessary Islamic knowledge, cultivate good character, and instill God-consciousness among the children. These books contain extensive references from the Qur’an and hadith which make it comprehensive and reliable. Each textbook of this series covers content from all core subjects, including Quranic stories, Fiqh (religious rulings), Aqeedah (Islamic tenets), significant events from the life of the Prophet Muhammadﷺ, and personal development (in an age-appropriate manner). The Learn About Islam series has been printed with illustrations in full color so that children can find studying fun and enjoyable. This whole curriculum is composed of four parts which cross-link with each other: Islamic studies, tajweed, memorization, and Arabic. Some notable features of these books are the following:
- Each textbook of this series has a unit-based structure, featuring ones such as Essential Beliefs, Essential knowledge, Fiqh (rituals rulings), Islam and Social World.
- Contains a thoroughly consulted national curriculum to ensure the content in the books is relevant, appropriate, authoritative and meaningful to young Muslims as well as teachers. This also contains consideration of subjects such as RE (Religious Education), SRE (Sex and Relationship Education), the humanities, objectives such as SMSC (spiritual, moral, social, cultural development), life skills, and citizenship skills.
- Authentic and detailed content teaches and guides students on how to fulfill their religious rites and duties. It does so in an informed manner through understanding, learning, embodying the Qur’an, sunnah, and the rich Muslim scholarly tradition.
- These books also showcase infographics and bespoke illustrations which make the design creative, engaging and complementary to the Islamic content-values of the book.
- Keyword and vocabulary lists help with overall Arabic and English literacy of students.
- All of the books are tested and tried by teachers as well as students.