Islamic Studies Level 1 (book from Weekend Learning Series), written by Mansur Ahmad and Husain A. Nuri, is intended for 5-7-year-olds who can write short phrases as well as read short sentences. Students in 1st grade can study this text in their first year in a formal Islamic class.
The authors have thematically presented all lessons in distinct units in this book. This Level 1 book introduces students to the basics of Islam. The lessons in this book take the first step toward formal curriculum-based learning. The main purpose is to keep this simple as well as enjoyable, yet informative. The concepts learned in this book will be covered in greater detail in future grade levels.
This Level 1 book includes:
- 28 lessons on Allah, the Qur’an, Islam, Prophet Muhammadﷺ, the hadith and sunnah, 5 pillars of Islam, and many other fundamentals of Islam.
- A beginning coloring page for each lesson, intended to help students ease into the lesson as well as be comfortable in the class before the lesson begins.
- Short paragraphs to introduce two or three concepts–just enough to keep the attention of a small child.
- In-class review sections that allow students for short breaks and reinforce learning.
- Some homework for students; however, schools as well as parents are encouraged to buy a separate workbook which contain many more chapter-based activities and test questions.